Tuesday, February 10, 2009

~ Sometimes Silence ~

Sometimes silence is better, when it's unknown what's said would do. With too much to say, but not enough words, a tangled tongue would come across as true. When wanting the outcome to be in my favor, would sway the persuasion and leave silence to savor the answer, later, then saying nothing is the safer course. Keeping one's own counsel can be confusing, but at least then the listeners are of one's own choosing and not to mention the tension caused by unfounded accusing and how it can wreck a quiet voice more easily ignored.

Sometimes, to speak, would bring worse things than what silence keeps, in its deep, peaceful rings of calm which radiate outward from center. The only clue that a storm whirled under the surface would be the slight ripples, when worry can un-nerve us and disrupt the serenity one tries to achieve. But, if there's a crevasse, so deep beneath the waves, then what matters calm, if it's all make-believe? What would my alter ego do with the tranquility I sent her? Try to create more friction by overanalyzing the things I abhored?

Probably. So, sometimes silence is the better choice. It hurts less people that way. If and when the howl of the storm ever dies down, I'll hear myself enough to distinguish my real voice, and maybe then I'll know how to explain what I'll say.

~ C.L.R. ~ © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment