Tuesday, February 10, 2009

~ Needing more meaning ~

If nothing lasts forever,
If Love is just temporary,
And living in "now" feels selfish,
Thoughtless moments of contrary,
How does one find balance,
Between want and need?
Surrender?

Dissatisfied with pointless pursuits,
Wondering if the deeper points exist,
Or if following them is a dream in itself,
Between now and then,
What we resist, persists.
Here and Now walked on
By Future's unknown boots.

The inner looking glass reflects,
What and who I was and am.
Who I will be, is up to me,
But the choice of now,
Defined by my hand,
Somehow seems to fall short
Of what this soul expects.

Does the perfectionist ever find lasting peace?
Will this life ever make total sense?
These questions I fight,
In the dead quiet of night,
Old, imperfect wounds opened makes me tense,
And I search for a more stable breath of release.

~ C.L.R. ~ © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment